Tomorrow, November 11th, is Veterans Day!
Veterans Day annually falls on November 11th. It recognizes the anniversary of the signing of the armistice which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 making it an annual observance, and it became a national holiday in 1938.
On this day, citizens come together to recognize and honor our military veterans who have bravely served our country. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States. Restaurants and businesses nationwide show their gratitude with an array of free meals, discounts, and other well-deserved perks. It is a United States federal holiday.
There are many ways to show you can show your support and gratitude for our veterans:
• Participate in community events such as parades and festivals.
Include your children and grandchildren.
This will be a great educational experience for them and will instill an understanding of the sacrifice veterans have made for us.
• Show veterans your appreciation with a card, home-cooked meal, or small gift.
• Volunteer for a veterans-based organization.
• Fly the U.S. flag and observe a moment of silence.
• Invite a veteran to speak at a meeting or event.
WE THANK ALL OUR VETERANS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO AMERICA!